Friday, August 24, 2012

How DriveSavers Got My Data Back

After getting epicly hacked and having my computer wiped remotely, I was left with the world's saddest MacBook Air. My useless machine came back to me from the Apple Store with a new OS installed on a 6GB partition, and what appeared to be a locked 250GB big blank slate on the other. But in the nothingness of that blank slate, I hoped, were the pictures, movies, and documents that I foolishly and lazily had failed to back up. I considered trying to recover the data myself. There are a lot of at-home data-recovery tools, and, well, it would make a better story -- or at least, a story that made me look better. But after just a little bit of research, I decided I wasn’t about to try.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/08/how-drivesavers-got-my-data-back/

IDT

No comments:

Post a Comment